Applications are invited for a trainer in the field of K12 Language Education/Early Years Childhood Language Education with the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD) at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (Suzhou, China), a joint venture established in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
ILEAD is a unique and leading institute for education innovation, development, and education of educators (degree programs) in education globally. Its key customers include XJTLU students, XJTLU staffs, as well as local, regional, national and international educational researchers, practitioners, schools, institutions and parents. The main business of ILEAD includes:
- Pedagogical programs (Postgraduate Taught and PhD degree programs)
- Support for XJTLU student learning
- Educational and professional development for XJTLU staff
- Global community for education innovation
- Training and development initiatives for external educators and professionals in education sector
- Research on future university (internationalization, learning and teaching, educational leadership, educational management).
The trainer is going to work within the Product Team (Child Development and Education) for teacher training programs to K12 schools. A key responsibility of this post is to support research in early years language education and facilitate professional development teacher training programs to K12 teachers.
- Support research project of early years language education at institute and university level.
- Delivery of training program on English language teaching to young learners according to different aims.
- Recommend, lead and facilitate the effective sharing of good practices in English teaching to young learners.
- Maintain and develop resources, including websites and other tools that facilitate national and international good practices in language teaching to young learners.
- Demonstrate English teaching classes of young learners for staffs and trainees, and schools.
- Provide expert and specialist advice and guidance to staff in developing excellence in language teaching to young learners.
- Act as a consultant/coach to other staff seeking to enhance the quality of their teaching and training ability to young language learners.
- Carry out any other duties as required, commensurate with the role position.
- Bachelor or Master degree in language education or early years language education or related area.
- Experience in language education to young learners in China for at least three years.
- PhD degree in language or elementary education or early years education or related area.