EF Harbin is a modern English school established in 2010 as part of the English First franchise. We currently have 3 centers with around 3000 students, and plan on opening a fourth school in Harbin in 2019. Due to these expansion plans, we are looking to add to our team of dedicated foreign teachers.
Our school caters mainly to Young Learners (7-18 years old) and Very Young Learners (3-6 years old) but also has some adult classes and one to one tutoring, allowing our teachers to gain a broad range of teaching experiences. Applicants should ideally be comfortable teaching all ages and levels, although we do aim to match teachers to their preferred age groups where possible.
We have had teachers come from all over the world to experience teaching in China and living in Harbin, and many choose to stay on with us well beyond their initial contract due to the friendly working environment as well as the strong academic training and support they receive.
We welcome applications from TEFL qualified teachers all year round, so take a look at our website and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Native speaker
- Recognized TEFL Certificate
- Bachelor degree
- Teaching experience welcome, but not required
Salary and package
- 10000 – 14000 RMB (NET) per month
- 12000 RMB flight allowance (15 month contract)
- 9000 RMB flight allowance (12 month contract)
- Fully furnished accommodation provided or housing allowance and logistics support for finding an accommodation
- Quarterly Bonus(NET)：1500 RMB per quarter
- Fully legal work visa and work permits arranged and paid for
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 12 national holidays
- Professional training and academic support
- Career promotion opportunities
- Paid 6-week initial on boarding and training
- Training and funding to take the Cambridge University Teaching Knowledge Test Young Learner Module
- Free Chinese lessons
- Administrative assistants available to help teachers with day to day necessities
- Monthly social and team building events
- Startup loans available
- Additional student enrollment bonus
- Referral schemes -10000 RMB for each new teacher you refer to our recruiters – bring your friends!
- Contract re-sign bonus of 10000 RMB
- Visa Allowance 2000 RMB
Situated in north eastern China, Harbin is close to Russia, Korea and Inner Mongolia and is an ideal place to be based to explore this fascinating part of the world. Harbin itself has a lot to offer, not least the beautiful Russian architectural influence that adds to the attraction of the city. It is developing very quickly (we now have two Metro lines, with more on the way), but there are still many places to go which are irresistibly Chinese.
Harbin is a tier two city, which means you get all the modern conveniences of a tier one city (good transport connections, plenty of restaurants and bars, good internet speeds, etc) but with the cost of living a fraction of the price of places like Beijing / Shanghai. With accommodation provided, a frugal person can live off 2000 RMB per month, and 4000 RMB can supply you with a pretty good standard of living, making Harbin a great place to top up your savings.
The city is famous for its standard Mandarin pronunciation and is an excellent place to study Mandarin. As the saying goes, ‘If you want to study Chinese language, come to China. If you want to study Mandarin, come to Beijing. If you want to study standard Mandarin, come to Harbin’. Most universities in Harbin have lots of foreign students who come to learn Chinese and take advantage of the cheaper prices.
The year here has four distinct seasons, each with its own particular beauty. Spring brings streets that are lined with fragrant lilac trees and abundant outdoor markets. Summer brings the comfortably hot weather and the umbrellas of the numerous beer gardens dotted across the city (including the world-famous Harbin international beer festival and the accompanying music festival). Autumn brings pleasant temperatures as the tree lined streets burst into colour. And of course, Winter – the thing Harbin is probably most famous for. During January and February we have the spectacular Snow and Ice Festival when the city is transformed into a luminescent showcase of ice art and snow sculptures.
To apply (please include your CV/ résumé and recent photo) or to request a copy of our e-brochure please contact Kaycee Lawal (Director of Studies) at EFHarbin@outlook.com